How to complain

    Get help with making a complaint if something goes wrong after you have bought a product or service. Find out who to contact if you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with.

    You may be able to resolve a dispute with a company more easily and without having to go to court using alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Find out what ADR is and how it might be useful for you.

    Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) is a type of alternative dispute resolution for problems related to online shopping. Find out more about ODR and how it can help you.

    Find out about how to complain about a financial services firm and taking your complaint to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman.

    You can complain about an advert to the Advertising Authority of Ireland (ASAI) or other sector specific consumer organisations. Find out how and who to complain to.

    Find out about how to complain about press or digital media to the Office of the Press Ombudsman or broadcasting material on radio or TV to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland.

    The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) deals with unresolved complaints about telecommunications services including phone, internet and TV. Find out how to make a complaint.

    Find out how to complain about your energy supplier or network, or Irish Water service.

    Find out who to contact and how to complain about a medical professional.

    Find out how to make a complaint about bad service from taxi, hackney or limousine drivers.

    There are a number of statutory consumer bodies and regulators who have a role to protect consumers. This document describes the main organisations that can advise you of your rights as a consumer.