4 December 2023
People getting long-term social welfare payments get an extra week’s payment at Christmas. This Christmas Bonus will be paid this week.
People getting Child Benefit you will get a once-off double-payment for each child on 5 December 2023.
The first instalment of the Electricity Account Credit will be paid between 1 December and 31 December 2023. The payment of €150 is automatic and you do not need to apply for it.
On 30 November 2023, Shannon Local Electoral Area (LEA) and Westmeath County Council were designated Rent Pressure Zones.
If you are unsure how to avoid scams when online shopping, you can use CheckMyLink to verify the authenticity and safety of the website. This website is managed by Cyber Skills, in partnership with ScamAdviser and An Garda Síochána.
From 4 December 2023, all children aged 2-17 can get a free flu vaccine. This was previously only available to children aged 2-12.
New and recently edited
These pages have been reviewed and improved:
- Long-Stay Contributions for Residential Support Services
- Medical cards
- Visiting someone in prison
- Civil legal aid and legal advice
- Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)
- Under 70s means test for medical card and GP visit card
- Scheme of Reasonable Accommodations at Certificate Examinations (RACE)
- Mortgage interest tax relief
- Inspection of schools
- Early Start Pre-School Programme
- Dog licences and ownership