New on Citizens Information

25 September 2023

Site updates

The HSE has confirmed that it can no longer assign GPs to medical card and GP visit card applicants without GP consent. This means the HSE can no longer assign a doctor to you from the list of participating doctors. We will publish further details when they become available.

If your child's School Transport Scheme service has not started, you may get an Exceptional No Service Interim Grant. This is to help with the cost of transport to school while you are waiting for the primary school, post-primary school or special needs transport to start. The Department of Education will contact you directly about the grant.

If you came to Ireland from Ukraine, under the EU Temporary Protection Directive, you will be eligible for an Irish Resident Permit (IRP) card from the Department of Justice.

If your most recent passport expired more than 15 years ago, you will have to apply for a new passport as if you were a first-time applicant. If your child’s most recent passport expired more than 15 years ago, you will need to apply on their behalf as a first-time child applicant.

If you change job, you no longer need to register your new job or pension with the Jobs and Pensions section of Revenue’s myAccount service. You only need to register your first-ever job.

You can get a free flu vaccination until April 2024 if you meet certain criteria.

New and recently edited

This page is new:

These pages have been reviewed and improved: