Housing grants and schemes

Home Renovation Incentive
Homeowners, landlords and local authority tenants can claim a tax credit on the cost of improvements to residential property.

Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability
Grants for alterations that need to be made to a home to make it suitable for a person with a physical, sensory or intellectual disability or a mental health difficulty.

Housing Aid for Older People Scheme
Grants are available to improve the homes of older people so that they can stay in their own homes for as long as possible.

Mobility Aids Grant Scheme
A grant to help with the cost of works to address mobility problems in the home.

Improvement works in lieu of local authority housing
Local authorities may improve or extend privately owned houses as an alternative to providing local authority housing.

Local authority home improvement loans
Local authority loans are available to owner-occupiers towards the cost of necessary works to improve, repair or extend their houses.

Housing for older people
Schemes and grants for housing and home improvements for older people and people with disabilities.

Home energy upgrade grants (Better Energy Homes scheme)
This scheme provides grants to help to increase the energy efficiency of homes, including grants for home insulation.

Energy upgrades for homeowners on low incomes (Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme)
This scheme aims to increase the energy efficiency and warmth of homes where people on low incomes are living.

Grant scheme to replace lead pipes and fittings
Grants to help low-income households with the cost of replacing domestic water piping that contains lead.

Grants for solar panels and battery systems
The Solar PV Pilot Scheme offers grants to homeowners to install solar panels and battery energy storage systems.

Repair and Leasing Scheme
The Repair and Leasing Scheme brings vacant properties, which need repair, back into use for social housing.

Schemes for houses affected by pyrite or mica
Many houses in Ireland have been affected by defective building materials. Find out about the redress schemes available to repair and rebuild affected homes.