You are here: Home > Employment > Unemployment and redundancy > Employment support schemes

Print Page Send to a Friend

Employment support schemes

Overview Document Schemes to support employment Overview of the employment schemes and other supports which encourage people getting unemployment and certain other social welfare payments to take up employment.

Community Employment scheme
Community Employment helps long-term unemployed and other people get back to work by offering part-time and temporary placements in jobs based within local communities

Tús - community work placement initiative
The Tús initiative is a community work placement scheme providing short-term working opportunities for unemployed people.

Gateway - local authority work placement scheme
Gateway is a local authority scheme providing work opportunities for unemployed people who have been on the Live Register for over 2 years.

Community Services Programme
The Programme supports community businesses to provide local services to their communities and to provide employment to unemployed people.

JobBridge - National Internship Scheme
JobBridge, the National Internship scheme provides work experience opportunities for people on certain social welfare payments or signing for credits.

Work Placement Programme
The Work Placement Programme provides work experience for unemployed people.

JobsPlus is a new incentive to encourage employers to employ long-term unemployed people. The incentive will be payable monthly in arrears, over a 2-year period.

Revenue Job Assist
Revenue Job Assist is an additional tax allowance for people who have been unemployed for 12 months or more and are returning to employment.

Job Initiative scheme
Job Initiative is a scheme providing full-time work to long-term unemployed people.

Rural Social Scheme
The Rural Social Scheme (RSS) provides income support for farmers and fishermen/women who are getting certain social welfare payments.
This document is in: Social Welfare > Social welfare payments > Farming and fishing



Contact Us

If you have a question relating to this topic you can contact the Citizens Information Phone Service on 0761 07 4000 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm) or you can visit your local Citizens Information Centre.