Online services for PAYE taxpayers
If you have tax deducted from your income by your employer, you are a PAYE taxpayer. You can use Revenue's myAccount service to access PAYE Online Services. You can also register a new job or private pension online.
Revenue's myAccount service is a single access point for secure online services.
For self-employed people, businesses and tax professionals, Revenue has an online service called ROS (Revenue Online Service).
If you are a PAYE taxpayer, you can access PAYE Services via myAccount. Once you have registered, you can:
- View your tax record
- Claim a range of tax credits
- Apply for refunds of tax including health expenses
- Declare additional income
- Register a new job or pension
- Request a review of tax liability for previous years
- Re-allocate credits between yourself and your spouse or civil partner
- Claim tax relief on the renovation of a property under the Home Renovation Incentive
- Apply for the Help to Buy scheme
- File or pay your Local Property Tax
- Estimate the cost of Vehicle Registration Tax
- Track correspondence submitted to Revenue
- View and print your Employment Detail Summary
- View COVID-19 support payments you got in 2020: ERS, TWSS or PUP
- Review your Preliminary End-Of-Year Statement
- Record and manage receipts for your expenses
You do not have to submit paper claims when you submit a transaction through myAccount. However, you must keep receipts for 6 years as Revenue may ask to view them at a later stage. You can keep an electronic record of your receipts on myAccount using Revenue’s receipts tracker service.
When a transaction is submitted using myAccount, it will be immediately acknowledged and a permanent record of the transaction will be recorded.
PAYE Services are available for the current year and the previous 4 years.
Jobs and Pensions
- Starting their first job in the current tax year (including their first ever job in Ireland)
- Changing job and their previous job is no longer on Revenue records
- Starting another job in addition to their main job
- Starting to receive payments from a private pension
When you have registered the details of your new job or private pension, Revenue will send your employer a tax credit certificate showing the tax credits that your employer deducts from your tax bill.
How to apply
To access PAYE Services online you must register with Revenue's myAccount Service.