New on Citizens Information 18-09-2023
18 September 2023
From 12 September 2023, if you are a Bolivian citizen you need a visa before travelling to Ireland. If you are travelling through Ireland on your way to another country, you need a transit visa before arriving in Ireland.
The PLC Bursary for Displaced Persons (Ukraine) Scheme 2023-2024 is open for applications to people who have been granted temporary protection. You can apply for the scheme if you are starting year one of an approved Post-Leaving Certificate course or are progressing into the second year of an approved 2-year course.
You can now go online to book appointments to attend some District Court and Circuit Court offices, and to attend the Central Office of the High Court. This service is available on the Courts Service website and is for non-urgent matters only.
New and recently edited
These pages have been reviewed and improved:
- How to support or object to a planning application with a local authority
- Becoming an Irish citizen through naturalisation
- Home repossession
- Voting in a referendum
- Minimum standards for rented housing
- Housing supports for returning Irish emigrants
- Rights of cohabiting couples (couples living together)
- Fertility treatments and assisted human reproduction in Ireland
- Registration of marriage
- Household Benefits Package