Occupational pensions https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money-and-tax/personal-finance/pensions/occupational-pensions/
Occupational pensions are organised by employers to provide pensions to one or more employees on retirement. What are the rules about occupational pension schemes?
How pensions are assessed during a separation, divorce and dissolution https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth-family-relationships/separation-and-divorce/sep-divorce-pensions/
When you end a relationship by judicial separation, divorce or dissolution, the court can decide to share your pension with your former partner and (or) any dependent children. This is called a pension adjustment order.
Income supports for older people https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/older-and-retired-people/income-supports-for-older-people/
Find out about the range of payments available, and link to a broader checklist of entitlements for older people.
Tax, PRSI and pensions when changing job https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/starting-work-and-changing-job/changing-job/change-job-tax-prsi/
Important things to know about relating to your tax, social insurance contributions (PRSI) and pension when you switch jobs.
State Pension (Contributory) https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/older-and-retired-people/state-pension-contributory/
The State Pension (Contributory), previously called the Old Age (Contributory) Pension, is payable to people aged 66 and over who have worked and paid enough social insurance contributions.
Personal pensions https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money-and-tax/personal-finance/pensions/personal-pensions/
There are rules that apply to personal pensions. Information on personal pensions for self-employed people or employed people who do not have an occupational pension
Tax relief on pensions https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money-and-tax/personal-finance/pensions/tax-relief-on-pensions/
You can get income tax relief on your pension contributions. You can also get tax relief on a lump sum pension payment when you retire.
Fuel Allowance https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/extra-social-welfare-benefits/fuel-allowance/
The National Fuel Allowance Scheme provides an allowance to low-income households that are unable to meet their heating needs.
Access to money after a death https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/death/financial-concerns-following-a-death/access-to-money-after-a-death/
It can be difficult to get immediate access to a deceased person's money in Ireland unless it is in a joint account. Find out more here.
Taxation of social welfare payments https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social-welfare/irish-social-welfare-system/claiming-a-social-welfare-payment/taxation-of-social-welfare-payments/
Social welfare payments may or may not be deemed taxable in Ireland. Information about which social welfare payments are taxable and how they are taxed.
State Pension (Non-Contributory) https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/older-and-retired-people/state-pension-non-contributory/
The State Pension (Non-Contributory) previously called the Old Age Non-Contributory Pension is a means-tested payment available to people in Ireland aged 66 and over.
Making a complaint about your pension https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money-and-tax/personal-finance/pensions/making-a-pension-complaint/
The Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman has the power to investigate and determine complaints concerning disputes of fact, law and errors in relation to occupational and other pension schemes.
Blind Pension https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/disability-and-illness/blind-persons-pension/
The Blind Pension is a means tested payment paid to people who are blind or who have low vision and live in Ireland. Find out more about Blind Pension and how to apply.
Living Alone Increase https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/extra-social-welfare-benefits/living-alone-allowance/
The Living Alone Increase is a supplementary payment for people on social welfare pensions who are living alone.
What happens to a deceased person's money and possessions? https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/death/the-deceaseds-estate/what-happens-the-deceaseds-estate/
How to get access to the deceased person's money and property, the rights of family members under wills and how property is distributed.
The Pensions Authority https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money-and-tax/personal-finance/pensions/the-pensions-authority/
The Pensions Authority is the regulatory body for Occupational Pension Schemes and Personal Retirement Savings Accounts (PRSAs).