Motor tax
It is a legal requirement to pay motor tax if you want to drive your vehicle in a public place. Details of motor tax requirements, rates and how to apply. (Including the online motor tax payment service).
Carbon tax
A brief description of how carbon tax is charged on fuel in Ireland.
Tax Appeals Commission
Find out how the Tax Appeals Commission operates and how to appeal against a tax decision.
Tax Clearance Certificates
A Tax Clearance Certificate is confirmation that your tax affairs are correct and up to date. You need it to apply for some schemes and licences. You can apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate from Revenue.
Capital Gains Tax
Capital Gains Tax is charged on the capital gain or profit made on the disposal of an asset. Some assets are exempt from Capital Gains Tax. Find out if you are liable for Capital Gains Tax.
Capital Acquisitions Tax
If you receive a gift, you may have to pay gift tax on it. If you receive an inheritance following a death, it may be liable to inheritance tax. Both these taxes are types of Capital Acquisitions Tax.
Maintenance and Tax
This document discusses the tax treatment of maintenance payments made by one spouse to another.
Dependent Relative Tax Credit
The Dependent Relative Tax Credit is a tax credit that parents/guardians and people caring for dependent relatives may qualify for.
Tax and starting work
Most employees have their tax deducted from their salary by their employer. Find out what you need to know about tax when starting work.
Tax relief on pensions
You can get income tax relief on your pension contributions. You can also get tax relief on a lump sum pension payment when you retire.
Value Added Tax
Value Added Tax (VAT) is included in the price of most products and services that we use every day. You may also be liable to pay VAT if you buy online. Find out more about VAT and how it is paid.
Deposit Interest Retention Tax
If you earn interest on savings, then you pay a tax on the interest called Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT). Information about DIRT, who pays it and exemptions and reliefs.
Tax issues for tenants
Describes the requirement to deduct tax from your rent payments if your landlord lives abroad, unless you pay rent through a collection agent. Gives information about the tax relief on rent, which is no longer available.
Local Property Tax (LPT)
The Local Property Tax (LPT) is payable on residential property. It is collected by Revenue.
Exemptions from Local Property Tax
The Local Property Tax is a tax payable on residential property. This document gives information about properties that are exempt from the tax.
Home Carer Tax Credit
If you are married or in a civil partnership and you care for a dependent person, you can apply for the Home Carer Tax Credit.
Incapacitated Child Tax Credit
If you are the parent or guardian of a child who is permanently incapacitated, you may be able to claim the Incapacitated Child Tax Credit.
Employment tax credits and reliefs
There are a number of tax credits and reliefs available to those in employment. Find out how are items such as benefit-in-kind treated for tax purposes.