Dental services
The Health Service Executive (HSE) provides some free dental services to certain citizens.
Treatment Benefit Scheme
Treatment Benefit Scheme is a scheme run by the Department of Social Protection that helps pay for dental
Tax relief on medical expenses
Tax relief is available for private health and long-term care insurance. It is also available for certain medical expenses.
Retailers and other business must follow strict rules on the way prices should be displayed. Find out more about pricing rules and your rights.
Primary Care Reimbursement Service (PCRS)
The Primary Care Reimbursement Service (previously known as the GMS Payments Board), administers payments to doctors, pharmacists, dentists and opticians who provide services under the Primary Care Reimbursement scheme.
Prison conditions
There are rules in place governing the conditions in prisons. Find out about diet and recreation entitlements as well as medical services and vocational training opportunities.
Health agencies
Some of the agencies and bodies that have a role in delivering and regulating health services and promoting health.
Cross-Border Healthcare Directive
If you are entitled to public health services in Ireland, you may opt to access those services in another member state of the European Union or European Economic Area.
Citizens Information is an Irish eGovernment website developed by the Citizens Information Board. The site provides information on public services and entitlements in Ireland.
The European Health Insurance Card
The European Health Insurance Card gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in another EU/EEA country. Find out more.
Medical Care Scheme
If you are an insured employee and are injured at work or contract a prescribed occupational disease you may be entitled to a refund of medical costs.
MyGovID verifies your identity and provides a single account you can use to access a range of public services.
Applying for social welfare payments and services online
The MyWelfare website allows you to apply online for social welfare payments and other services. You need a MyGovID account to access online welfare services.
Health and medical services for children
The general entitlement of children to health services in Ireland and the specific services available.
Guide to entitlements for people with disabilities
The links in this page give further information on the topics covered in the Citizens Information Board leaflet, ‘Guide to entitlements for people with disabilities 2018’.
Admissibility of witness statements in a criminal trial
What happens if a witness refuses to give evidence in a criminal trial? This law on this area is covered by the Criminal Justice Act 2006.