Rights of residence in Ireland

Residence rights of EU/EEA citizens and their families in Ireland
EEA nationals have the right to travel to Ireland and do not require a residence permit to remain here. There are however some limits on these rights.

Residence rights of family members
People who live in Ireland can apply to have for their family to live with them.

Residence rights of non-EEA nationals
Description of how non-EEA nationals may be granted permission to remain that allows them to live in Ireland.

Types of residence permission for non-EEA nationals
There are various types of residence rights or permission to remain that allow non-EEA nationals to live in Ireland.

Registration of non-EEA nationals
Information about registration of non-EEA nationals and Irish Residence Permits (formerly known as GNIB cards)

Regularisation Scheme for Long-Term Undocumented Migrants

Residence rights in Ireland
Frequently asked questions on residence rights in Ireland