Online services for PAYE taxpayers
If you have tax deducted from your income by your employer, you are a PAYE taxpayer. You can use Revenue's myAccount service to access PAYE Online Services. You can also register a first job or private pension online.
Revenue's myAccount service is a single access point for secure online services.
For self-employed people, businesses and tax professionals, Revenue has an online service called ROS (Revenue Online Service).
If you are a PAYE taxpayer, you can access PAYE Services via myAccount. When you register for myAccount, you can:
- View your tax record
- Claim a range of tax credits
- Apply for refunds of tax including health expenses
- Declare additional income
- Request a review of tax liability for previous years
- Re-allocate credits between yourself and your spouse or civil partner
- Apply for the Help to Buy scheme
- File or pay your Local Property Tax
- Estimate the cost of Vehicle Registration Tax
- Track correspondence submitted to Revenue
- View and print your Employment Detail Summary
- View COVID-19 support payments you got in 2020: ERS, TWSS or PUP
- Review your Preliminary End-Of-Year Statement
- Record and manage receipts for your expenses
You do not have to submit paper claims when you submit a transaction through myAccount. However, you must keep receipts for 6 years as Revenue may ask to view them at a later stage. You can keep an electronic record of your receipts on myAccount using Revenue’s receipts tracker service.
When a transaction is submitted using myAccount, it will be immediately acknowledged and a permanent record of the transaction will be recorded.
PAYE Services are available for the current year and the previous 4 years.
Jobs and Pensions service
When you register your job or pension, Revenue will provide you with a Tax Credit Certificate that shows your rate of tax and tax credits. Revenue will provide your new employer or pension provider with a Revenue Payroll Notification so that they know how much tax to deduct from your wages or pension.
When you finish work with an employer, they will let Revenue know that the employment has ended (you can also use the Jobs and Pensions service to do this yourself). Your new employer should then register your next job – you only use the service to register your first job in Ireland.
Revenue has information on how to access the Jobs and Pensions service.
How to apply
To access PAYE Services online you must register with Revenue's myAccount Service.
For more information and support, see the Revenue myAccount help guides.
If you have a problem registering for myAccount, you can email RegisterForMyAccount@revenue.ie or phone (01) 738 3691.