Circuit Court Office
There are Circuit Court offices throughout Ireland. A County Registrar heads each office.
The Circuit Court office
- issues and processes proceedings in civil cases
- prepares and issues the orders of the Circuit Court
- provides District Probate Registries based in 14 Circuit Court offices around the country.
- The County Registrar of each county manages jury selection for Circuit Criminal Courts in that county
- The Dublin Circuit Court office manages jury selection for the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court and the High Court - Central Criminal Court
- The Dublin Circuit Court office manages jury selection for certain civil cases in the High Court.
The Circuit Court office processes family law applications, including
- judicial separation
- barring orders.
- The Circuit Court Office deals with criminal cases that are sent forward for trial from the District Court.
- The Dublin Circuit Court office handles arraignments, listing, legal aid, probation warrants, fines, bail and sentence reviews for cases in the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court, the High Court - Central Criminal Court and the Special Criminal Court.