Enforcement and redress

    Summary of the organisations that help employees to enforce their employment rights.

    The Inspection and Enforcement Services of the Workplace Relations Commission aim to ensure compliance with employment rights legislation.

    If you have a complaint about your employment rights, and you cannot resolve it with your employer, you can complain to the Workplace Relations Commission. Your complaint will be referred to either a mediation officer or an adjudicator.

    The Labour Court is the single appeal body for all workplace relations appeals. Find out how to make an appeal to the Labour Court.

    The Workplace Relations Commission deals with all complaints of discrimination in employment and access to goods and services which come under equality legislation.

    Some employment legislation protects you from being victimised at work.

    Workplace mediation provides a simpler and faster way to resolve disputes, conflicts and disagreements in the workplace.

    The Workplace Relations Commission gives information about your employment rights and offers meditation, advisory and conciliation services.

    People who raise concerns about possible wrongdoing in the workplace are protected by the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 and the Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Act 2022.