Problems in marriages and other relationships

Tusla - the Child and Family Agency
Tusla - the Child and Family Agency - is the dedicated State agency responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children.
This document is in: Services and supports for children

Safety orders, protection orders and barring orders in Ireland
Irish law provides protection for those living in violent or abusive situations in the home. Find out about safety orders, protection orders and barring orders and who can apply.

Property rights and the breakdown of a relationship
This page explains whether spouses and cohabiting partners have any property rights following the breakdown of their relationship.

Redress scheme for cohabiting couples
Under the Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010 a redress scheme has been introduced for opposite-sex and same-sex cohabiting couples.

Changing your name by deed poll
It is possible to change your name by deed poll. Find out the procedures involved.

Elder abuse
Elder abuse is the abuse of someone aged 65 or over. Find out what it is and what help is available.

Nullity of marriage
Nullity of marriage in Irish law means that a court has declared that your supposed marriage is null and void. Find out more.