Tusla - the Child and Family Agency
Tusla - the Child and Family Agency - is a statutory organisation, established in January 2014 under the Child and Family Agency Act 2013. Under Section 8 of the Act, it is required to:
- Support and promote the development, welfare and protection of children, and
- Support and encourage the effective functioning of families
It also provides information and advice to the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs on matters relating to the agency’s areas of responsibility.
Tusla has assumed responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child welfare and protection services
- Educational welfare services
- Alternative care
- Early years services
- Domestic, sexual and gender-based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
- Family and locally based community supports
Information on the services it provides is available on its website tusla.ie.