District Court Office
There are District Court offices throughout Ireland.
The District Court office
- issues all summonses, which initiate proceedings in criminal cases
- issues and processes proceedings in family law and civil cases
- prepares the list of cases for court
- records the Orders of the Court
- collects fines
- issues warrants to enforce the Orders of the Court
- prepares all Court Orders
- processes appeal documents for forwarding to the Circuit Court
- collects and transmits maintenance in family law cases
- collects court fees
- receives and accounts for all monies lodged as bail.
- operates the Small Claims procedure.