Tusla - the Child and Family Agency
Tusla - the Child and Family Agency - is a statutory organisation, established in January 2014 under the Child and Family Agency Act 2013. Under Section 8 of the Act, it is required to:
- Support and promote the development, welfare and protection of children, and
- Support and encourage the effective functioning of families
It also provides information and advice to the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs on matters relating to the agency’s areas of responsibility.
Tusla has assumed responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child welfare and protection services previously operated by the Health Service Executive (including family support services)
- The services previously provided by the former Family Support Agency
- The services previously provided by the former National Educational Welfare Board
- Pre-school inspection services
- Domestic, sexual and gender-based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
Information on the services it provides is available on its website tusla.ie.